Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Latest and Greatest Projects!

First Post! I love teaching elementary art and lately I love finding projects via blogs or Pinterest. So here I am, joining the blogging world! I teach in a 3rd-6th grade environment, and at two different elementary schools. I wanted to start out with with my latest and greatest projects the kids are doing right now. The 5th graders are working on Falling Back Self-Portraits. This is the first time I've tried this project, and so far the results have been successful. I've seen this project done by some of my art teacher friends before.
I found some great instructions for it on the Oodles of Art Blog
Its turning out to be my favorite self-portrait project I've done yet. Here are some of the ones that just got finished:






( Please note that some of these have things cut off because of the way I took the picture and then had to crop it.)

 I love the details on these and the creative backgrounds they came up with. Sometimes I underestimate my students!

Also I wanted to share the guitars that the 5th and 6th graders just finished. They LOVED this one. Its a good project for the boys to get into. I saw a lot of guitar playing during the making of these. Here's what they look like on my wall at each school:







Finally I wanted to post pics of what I made myself yesterday-crayons! I have wanted to do this for a long time, and then I kept seeing it on Pinterest and on people's blogs. I finally decided to do it. I used all of the tons of extra crayons that I had (the students helped me peel off the wrappers), and my toaster oven in my art room. Here's how they turned out:

 The beginning, with the crayons starting to melt in the silicone muffin mold. (got it at Target in the dollar spot section for $2.50)

 The crayon hearts after they melted in my trusty toaster oven.


I let the crayons cool and then popped them out of the silicone mold. I loved how they turned out. I'm probably going to give some to my 6th grade helpers and I'm definitely mailing some to my nephew for Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment