Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

Classroom Decorations for Classroom 1!

Both of my schools are keeping the same theme so not only do I get to save some money on decorations, I still get to use most of the same stuff I got last year! I had some amazing finds last year at Garden Ridge for our "Peace, Love, Learning" theme for one of my schools. All of their kids stuff was 75% off ! Lucky for me that it was on sale and that I get to use it all again. I really like this theme because it is colorful and fun. Plus there are a lot of things you can do for it: peace signs, flowers, butterflies, lava lamps, tie dye, etc.
 The big screen with the peace sign on it was originally $50. I got it for $12.50!
 The red peace sign breaks into two pieces for bookends but I just leave it together. It sits in front of my computer. The purple pencil holder is really handy for keeping all of my dry erase markers and it's the perfect size to sit on the board. I think the purple thing ended up being about a dollar.
 I post messages on here sometimes but I mostly wanted it because it was a butterfly :)
Another cute peace sign that was $2

Now here is something that I made. It was also very inexpensive to make. Each year I make curtains for the inside of my classroom to go along with our theme. Last year I made these tie dye curtains.

I was so happy with the way they turned out and they still make me smile :) They were very easy to make. I want to start by saying I do not own a sewing machine. So I really didn't do a lot to "make" these.
I started with my super cute tie dye fabric that I got from Hobby Lobby:

Then I used the iron on hem tape along the edges to make a hem. This sticky hem tape is awesome. Another teacher told me about it my first year and I use it all the time.
 I ironed it on all the way around, and then I used Velcro squares at the top to make a pocket for the curtain
rod to go through.
Next I glued on purple pom poms with tacky glue.

 I found this purple pom pom trim on clearance at Hobby Lobby.

 Finally I used these peace sign pins I got at Hobby Lobby (on clearance!) and I pinned one on each curtain in the middle.

Here's hoping that all of my decorations last another year!

2 comments:

  1. Love your curtains!! And your innovative ways without sewing! I'm following you now with bloglovin' and great pleasure...
    :)Elizabeth
    paintersofdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your groovy room decorations!

    ReplyDelete