Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Clay Flower Collage


5th graders learned about Georgia O'Keefe when making these clay flowers. The kids really liked Georgia O'Keefe's work, especially when they saw the cow skulls. Right now I'm calling it a collage because we are attaching them to the black paper. My students used white Crayola Model Magic and colored it with markers to make it change colors. Then they created the different pieces of the flowers. When they had all of the pieces of the flower, they would build them on the black paper and press down to make it stick. They had to have a minimum of 3 flowers and they had to be placed at the top of the page to leave room for the vase. I told them they could make the flowers all the same, or they could be all different. At the end they drew a vase on pieces of leftover cardboard I've had in the closet for years, and glued it to the bottom.



 So far, I'm really liking the results on these.




No comments:

Post a Comment