Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Selfies!

Welcome to a new school year! Our first project is always self-portraits. This year they are on a smartphone and we made Selfies. I found the smartphone on Pinterest. I think it's from Teachers Pay Teachers. First we studied different artists' self-portraits and discussed why someone would paint themselves or even  take a selfie. My answer is to show people what you look like at that time. I demonstrated how to draw the facial features. After students drew their selfies, they were able to design a background and case for their phone, if they didn't want to leave it white.


These are just some of many- I don't have pictures from my other school yet. 
Here you can kind of see the Cat in the Hat I made for my wall:


It's always a challenge to come up with interesting new ways to draw self-portraits each year. I think the kids liked this one the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment